Little League is a 100% volunteer organization. It takes the help from everyone to install a program that is rewarding for every girl that participates in the league.
Parent Code of Conduct
Trustworthiness ♦ Respect ♦ Responsibility ♦ Fairness ♦ Caring ♦ Good Citizenship
The essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in these six core principles. We should all remember that our children learn through our actions and the examples we set. Parents, managers, coaches, spectators, and umpires should agree to support ALL players as they demonstrate their skills in friendly and fun competition. The other team is an opponent and not an enemy, and thus should be treated with respect at all times. While winning is important, players doing their best and playing fair is the spirit of the game.
To that end, we, hereinafter as parents/guardians, acknowledge to agree to set a good example for our child in her softball endeavors by adhering at all times to the following Code of Conduct:
1. We will not force our child to participate in sports.
2. We will remember that children participate to have fun, and that the game is for youth, not adults.
3. We will inform the coach of any physical disability, injury, or ailment that may affect the safety of our player or the safety of others.
4. We will teach our player to compete fairly and to abide by the rules of his/her respective division, and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
5. We will demand that our player treat other participants, Managers, Coaches, Umpires, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
6. We will teach our player that doing ones best is more important than winning, so that our player will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
7. We will praise our player for competing fairly and trying hard, but never ridicule or yell at or our player or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
8. We will not encourage any behavior or actions by our player that would endanger the health or well-being of any other player, official or spectator.
9. We will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the players, officials, and spectators ahead of any personal desire we may have for our player to win.
10. We will cheer at all games within the spirit of fair play and shall do our best to cheer the effort regardless of the outcome.
11. We shall support the learning effort of the players, the Managers, Coaches, and Umpires by demonstrating our patience, and doing our best to teach our player to become a student of the game.
12. We will learn the rules of the game as they apply to our player in his or her division and agree to abide by them.
13. We will demand an environment for our player that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and we will refrain from their use at all venues.
14. We and our guests will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as: booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
15. We will not criticize any umpire before, during, or after a game. All feedback or criticism shall be done in writing to the LGLLS Umpire-in-Chief at
16. We will not, in the interests of safety, enter the dugout, bench area, playing field, bullpens, or warm-up areas during the course of a game.
17. We will not, in the interests of safety, permit our player to leave the dugout, bench area, playing field, bullpens, or warm-up areas during the course of a game unless specifically directed to by a Manager, Umpire, or other LGLLS official.
18. We recognize that improper behavior on the part of ourselves or our guests at a practice or game may result in the ejection of ourselves or our guests from the facility by an Umpire, Manager, Coach, or other LGLLS official.
19. We understand that the privilege to watch our child participate may be suspended or revoked permanently by LGLLS officials for continued rude, vulgar, inflammatory, derogatory, or otherwise inappropriate language, behavior, or actions.
20. We acknowledge that our improper behavior may result in disciplinary action against the Manager, up to and including dismissal from the team.
21. We acknowledge that the Umpire Crew Chief for each game has responsibility for all aspects of the game, including appropriate conduct by players, managers, coaches, and spectators, and is authorized to maintain a safe, fair, and friendly environment for all participants.